Entry guidelines, terms and conditions
WRITE NOW – 2023 Guidelines
- This competition is open to Rockingham Writers Centres members only.
- All entries must be anonymous – no identifying names or words must appear on the manuscript or on the file document properties.
- Entries must be no more than 2000 words long, including title.
- Entry fee is $5.00 per entry.
- Pages must be numbered. Title and page number should appear in the footer on each page.
- Short stories must include mention of a god or goddess, and/or otherwise adhere to the theme Gods and Goddesses.
- Multiple entries are allowed. Limit of three per member. Full entry fee must accompany each entry.
- Manuscripts must be unpublished work, not on offer for publication before announcement of award, and not have been recognized in any other competition. ‘Publication’ includes online or on the writer’s own website, blog, or the blogs of others.
- Submissions must be 1.5 spaced. Preferred font 12 point Garamond, TNR, Constantia or similar. Wide margins are required.
- Manuscripts will not be returned but responsibly destroyed / deleted after the award is announced. Entrants should keep a copy of their work.
- Copyright remains with the author.
- Entry is by the online submission link only. Late entries will not be considered.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Details of results and presentation of prizes will be announced on the Rockingham Writers Centre website, and at an awards event to be announced.
- Rockingham Writers Centre reserves the right to publish the winning and other entries in an appropriate publication, and on the Rockingham Writers Centre website.
- All entries must be accompanied by the online entry form.
- Non-complying entries are disqualified instantly. No refunds can be claimed.
- The judges reserve the right to not award prizes if none of the entries fulfil all set criteria, and/or do not meet the required standard.